ECWDB is hiring for the Finance Director position!
Nov, 24th, 2020
The Eastern Carolina Workforce Development Board, Inc. (ECWDB) is a non-profit organization located in New Bern, North Carolina. ECWDB is the designated administrative/fiscal agent for the Federal and State workforce development funds appropriated by the North Carolina Department of Commerce to operate employment and training services in a nine-county local area. The ECWDB administers workforce development programs funded through the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). It contracts its programs with reputable organizations throughout the nine counties that provide services in their local NCWorks Career Center, serving both the job seeker and employer populations. The Finance Director is a senior position responsible for overseeing the accounting system and human resources tasks within the organization.
- Managing the accounts payable and receivable functions, fixed assets inventory.
- Overseeing the payroll and benefits functions.
- Overseeing monthly financial statements.
- Preparing financial reports and tax reports.
- Works within the QuickBooks accounting system.
- Assisting with annual monitoring reviews and financial audits.
- Complying with local and federal tax filing requirements.
- Overseeing procurement activities.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities and assist with writing grants.
- Serving as the Equal Opportunity Officer.
- Serving as staff to board committees.
- Reviews financial policies and updates procedures as new legislation or directives are issued.
- Preferably a CPA
- Management and Oversight experience in Accounting/Finance, and Expert experience in QuickBooks Software.
- All staff is required to wear a mask.
Click on the image below for more information and to apply for this position: