ARPA Substance Use Assistance
Comprehensive Assistance with Recovery and Employment - ARPA Substance Use Grant
What does it mean?
Project CARE seeks to provide training opportunities for front line career center staff on serving customers in need of substance use recovery. This project seeks to strengthen the collaborative community partnerships underway through inclusion of the network of NCWorks Career Centers as an employment and training solution for individuals as part of their substance use recovery efforts and to the employers who strive to hire them.
Goals and Measures
- Provide substance use recovery training for front line NCWorks staff by identifying select career advisors to participate in the Peer Support program, who will serve as their local Career Center’s Substance Use employment and resource specialist.
- The ECWDB and NCWorks Center managers will work together to identify staff to be trained to serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Substance Use Recovery Services. These staff will assist with serving as a train the trainer for their local NCWorks team. Training will be completed by June 30, 2023.
- Offer substance use recovery customers access to comprehensive, high-quality, short-term training, occupational skills training and employment services beginning at the first point of contact with the customer that will lead to successful reintegration into society through unsubsidized employment.
- Identify and serve a minimum of 40 participants through June 30, 2024. Participants will obtain a credential and enter unsubsidized employment.
- Identify a community engagement specialist to collaborate with community partners and create a tool kit that will include substance use recovery resources for the nine-county local area.
- Quarterly partner meetings will be established for each county by December 31, 2023. Asset Mapping project will be completed by June 30, 2024.
- Build resources that will be provided to a dedicated page on our ECWDB website that will serve as a clearing house for resources available across the region for jobseekers and local businesses.
- An employer tool kit and website page will be created by December 31, 2023.
NCCare360 - https://nccare360.org/
Many North Carolinians struggle every day with food insecurity, housing instability, lack of transportation access, or other non-medical social needs. NCCARE360 is the first statewide coordinated care network that better connects individuals to local services and resources. NCCARE360 provides a solution to a fragmented health and human services system by connecting providers and organizations across sectors in a shared technology network. In the NCCARE360 network, providers can electronically connect individuals and families who have unmet social needs to community resources. NCCARE360 also allows for easy feedback and follow-up to help close the care loop for individuals and families seeking help.
NCWorks Community Resource Assistance Guides
These guides serve as a directory for information on community health resources in Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Greene, Jones, Lenoir, Onslow, Pamlico, and Wayne Counties.